Sunday, March 2, 2008

Week 9, Thing #21 - Podcasts

Like YouTube, I am amazed at the number of people out there posting podcasts. I listened to podcast tutorial for La Leche League, a group I belonged to many years ago. It came up when I did a search on podcast tutorials and it explained podcasts very well. The speaker talked about listening to podcasts while cooking and doing other home chores or driving (if you put it on your ipod, which I don't have). I had been wondering when I would ever find time to listen to podcasts but there are those times when it could fit in.

I tried podcast.net to look but the link doesn't seem to work. I tried yahoo podcasts but those seemed to be mostly music. So, I just went to google and typed in podcasts in conjunction with other search terms, such as elementary school libraries, knitting, and gardening, just to see what's out there. I listened to a knitting podcast, Knitting News Cast, that a woman in Texas puts out and signed up for it. I was happy to find the School Library Journal podcast and signed up for that. They discuss various topics that I'm interested in and if I can squeeze them in when I'm doing dishes or straightening up,then that would be great. It's hard keeping up on professional materials and so this would be a great help. I usually read right before going to bed, but with podcasts, I could just listen. So many choices, so little time.

No comments: