Monday, January 14, 2008

Week 3, Thing #5 Flickr



I have been using Smugmug for some time for posting photos for family and friends to share. I think it is very similar to Flickr. I just opened a Flickr account and uploaded a photo. I wanted to export it to the blog but I couldn't figure out how that works. So, I uploaded it from my computer. It's a picture of the students who participated in our summer Read-a-thon, along with me and the organizer of the event.
I'm going to continue exploring Flickr to see if I prefer it to Smugmug.
After reading many of your posts, I figured I'd better get back to exploring Flickr. I enjoyed the map photos, all the items you can make with your pictures and just looking at various posted photos. I went to my town in Places and was surprised at how many photos had been posted. At this time, I have all my photos in Smugmug and have them organized. Even though I like Flickr, I don't think I'll be taking the time to switch them all over. That sounds like a summer activity. Though I might advise friends and colleagues just starting out to go with Flickr.
Oh, I did find the directions on Flickr on how to upload to your blog. Somehow I missed it the first time. It just goes to show that these sights need more than one look.

3 comments:

Lynda Shoup said...

I am having the same trouble figuring out how to post the flickr pictures onto our blogs. I can't offer you any help yet, all I have to offer is solidarity.

I like the way you have chosen to display things on your blog.

Mrs. S said...

Very Nice picture!
Chris

Mrs. S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.