Sunday, January 20, 2008

Week 3, Thing #6 Mashups & 3rd Party Sites


I've just spent hours (while half-watching football games) exploring the unbelievable number of mashups and 3rd party sites. There were so many fascinating ideas. Internet Inferno was very entertaining.

For my grand finale, I made a magazine cover featuring my granddaughter. It was fun, but time consuming.

I can imagine using a number of the sites and toys, while some are just interesting but I don't see a use for them. I guess there is something for everyone. I loved the Trip Planner because we often travel. It was good to see photos of places we're planning on going this year and to read travelers' tips on places to stay, eat and sights to see. I know I'll be going back to that one. I thought that Mosaickr was preferable to Montagr, much easier to see the featured photo in the mosaic.
I decided to bookmark several of the sites. I wandered around the sites so much I was afraid I'd never find them again.

No comments: