Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Week 5, Thing #12 Rollyo

I had not been aware of Rollyo before, but now I'm sure I'll make great use of it. For starters, I made a Searchroll called Zurich Travel. This is because my husband will be on sabbatical in Zurich for 2 months this spring and I will be joining him. I will want to do some searching on various aspects of life there and this will make it easier. I found out that I should only add sites very specific to Zurich. For example, I tried adding a Fodors.com search on Zurich but only the general Fodors.com site came through. That happened with several of my original search sites so I had to delete them . I still managed to find several I wanted to add. Rollyo has been a great find.
I found the site a bit awkward at first. Once I registered it became easier to work with my searchroll. I enjoyed looking at the searchrolls that others have made also.

I can imagine using Rollyo in setting up search sites for students involved in research projects. This will limit their searching to useful sites that I can preselect. I'm looking forward to using it in this way.

No comments: