Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Week 6, Thing #14 Technorati

I would have to say that Technorati has been my least favorite site to explore thus far. I have really taken to Del.icio.us and have cleaned up by bookmarks, added tags and made them uniform to avoid duplication, observed others' tags, and made decisions on what to share. When I looked at Technorati, it just seemed like overload. The advertising on the page and the numerous links on topics I wasn't interested in, turned me off. I did do some searches on blog posts, tags and the blog directory and much preferred the results in the latter two. Without them, Technorati would be totally impossible. I'm glad I know it exists but I suspect that at this time, I will not be spending much time there. I think that by using Del.icio.us for my own bookmarks, I learned much more about the need for effective tagging.

At this time, with this blog, I do not think that anyone outside of this class would be interested in reading it. It's possible that in the future as I create another blog, I would consider wanting it to be part of a Technorati tag search. Right now, there is way too much to read out there.

1 comment:

Lynda Shoup said...

Your post echoes many of my own thoughts with uncanny clarity. I thought the same thing about tagging my blog...why?

I alway enjoy reading your posts.